I feel like there aren't much options!

Moderátor: Living

I feel like there aren't much options!

Odeslatod techbud v Stř 11. Zář 2019 23:52:36

I think it has a lot less to do with perceptions and more to do with what people actually want. Modern is upper class, refined, luxury and most people may desire to be like that but that's not how they actually think of themselves. Millionaires live in small, sleek, minimalist homes. Average Joe just wants enough square footage to keep his 4 kids from fighting all the time, a yard to let the dogs run around in, and a garage with a man cave so he can hide from the wife and watch foodtball and drink beer. He wouldn't feel right in a small metal and glass prism of a parti diagram come to life. I'm being stereotypical and hyperbolic, but you get the idea.

More importantly, though, houses aren't built based one what people want to buy or even what they think they want to buy, houses are built based on what the developer tells them they want to buy - that is, what will make the developer the most amount of money. To make money you need high profit margins and to do that you need cheap materials and cheap labor. The modern aesthetic tends to use high quality materials that go together in ways that require lots of man hours of skilled labor, and that, my friend, does not make money.
techbud

Re: I feel like there aren't much options!

Odeslatod techbud v Ned 15. Zář 2019 13:13:00

techbud napsal:I think it has a lot less to do with perceptions and more to do with what people actually want. Modern is upper class, refined, luxury and most people may desire to be like that but that's not how they actually think of themselves. Millionaires live in small, sleek, minimalist homes. Average Joe just wants enough square footage to keep his 4 kids from fighting all the time, a yard to let the dogs run around in, and a garage with a man cave so he can hide from the wife and watch foodtball and drink beer. He wouldn't check-distance.comfeel right in a small metal and glass prism of a parti diagram come to life. I'm being stereotypical and hyperbolic, but you get the idea.

More importantly, though, houses aren't built based one what people want to buy or even what they think they want to buy, houses are built based on what the developer tells them they want to buy - that is, what will make the developer the most amount of money. To make money you need high profit margins and to do that you need cheap materials and cheap labor. The modern aesthetic tends to use high quality materials that go together in ways that require lots of man hours of skilled labor, and that, my friend, does not make money.

my issue got solved!!
techbud

Zpět na Bydlení a design