Travel Routers for Stronger Internet Review

Moderátor: Living

Travel Routers for Stronger Internet Review

Odeslatod Adriankempiak v Pát 08. Kvě 2020 21:28:29

Hello Andrew,

Yes, I can make calls,and use data. I can text with or without photos to my wife’s phone which has a US number on the AT&T passport plan. Although I couldn’t do that when I originally posted. This morning I could text to a friend at home then 5 minutes later I couldn’t. I haven’t tried to use whatsapp for texting because I keep trying to figure out why I can’t do it on the Orange SIM. My main purpose was to be able to use navigation and communicate with my wife via text and at the moment that seems to be working. It’s really strange.
Adriankempiak

Re: Travel Routers for Stronger Internet Review

Odeslatod monksclang v Pát 08. Kvě 2020 21:30:23

I'm using my Dutch Vodafone from last year again right now in Portugal. Working great - I'm using it even though I just switched to Sprint at home - and they have free unlimited 2G roaming data here. Yes, indeed, Sprint works here too...but data is kind of slow, sometimes frustratingly so. I wanted to keep the Vodafone SIM alive anyway for future use (won't be with Sprint after my "free year offer" expires), but it is way faster than Sprint was. For all of 10 euros I got 2GB of data which is more than enough to last me for my short trip here.
monksclang

Odeslatod Adriankempiak v Pát 08. Kvě 2020 21:30:52

Well I just ordered one of these for a trip coming up end of June-mid-July. Basically, it looks pretty good for a trip of around 2 weeks (our trip is about 3 weeks but we shouldn't need it the first/last few days so we should be able to get by).

I'll come back and post about my experiences after I return.
Adriankempiak

Odeslatod johnpk v Pát 08. Kvě 2020 21:31:08

We used the Orange chip in throughout France for a couple of weeks. The maps and calls to European numbers worked perfectly even in the most remote places or tight city centers. It started working the moment we turned the phone on. We used maps driving and walking quite often and we only used about 2GB. No one in the States was able to text or call the French number though. We had data and voice roaming on but no matter how the kids dialed us, +33, 01133, with the zero that begins the number, without the zero, it wouldn't connect. We have an i phone 7, does anyone have any insights on this?
johnpk

Odeslatod jonsmaradona v Sob 09. Kvě 2020 17:26:13

Drimsim is also useful for people traveling regularly or permanently. For instance, if you are a person who lives in the U.S but spends most of your winters in South America and summers in Europe, you need Drimsim. If you use calls and the internet, then the home operators that offer you tariffs are beneficial. However, this is limited, especially in terms of traffic allowed per day.

You pay for the internet connection but when it is expired, you often face the problem of slow internet. Sometimes, the internet is even disconnected. Contrarily, the Drimsim SIM card has no speed or traffic limitations. The speed of the internet relies on the offering of local mobile operators.

More information here Travel internet review
jonsmaradona

Zpět na Ostatní a volná diskuze