How to build a house by self ?

Moderátor: Living

How to build a house by self ?

Odeslatod techy99 v Pon 09. Zář 2019 12:03:08

Here's the thing, I've browsed reality websites for the past year and hardly any houses I've seen have really caught my attention/not enough land/bad location/too expensive. I basically "want" a house the way I "want" the house. I've seen some nice deals on land, and I'm more and more tempted to buy land NOW. So the question is do I

Buy land now and hold onto it. Pay off as much as I can (if not all) in the next 3-4 years. Save up for a down payment on a house then build.

Save money for the next 3-4 years. Buy land in cash. Save up money for a down payment on a house.

(B) Save for the next 3-4 years. (Assuming married by this point?).Buy a "decent" but cheap starter home together, paying for as much as I can with cash. Save for additional time and buy land/build.

Save for the next few years. Move out to apartment. Save for additional time, buy land/build house with almost all cash.

I guess the biggest variable is the marriage part, but she's hinted at it, I want it, I assume it'll happen. My reason for buying the land now, and working to pay it off is that I feel I'll be able to get more of the house I want, not having to also worry about having a land payment as well. I don't exactly know where I'll buy, but I'll tell you I won't have more than a 35 minute commute when I do.
techy99

Re: How to build a house by self ?

Odeslatod techy99 v Úte 10. Zář 2019 13:23:25

techy99 napsal:Here's the thing, I've browsed reality websites for the past year and hardly any houses I've seen have really caught my attention/not enough land/bad location/too expensive. I basically "want" a house the way I "want" the house. I've seen some nice deals on land, and I'm more and more tempted to buy land NOW. So the question is do I

Buy land now and hold onto it. Pay off as much as I can (if not all) in the next 3-4 years. Save up for a down payment on a house then build.

Save money for the next 3-4 years. Buy land in cash. Save up money for a down payment on a house.cheap paper for printing

(B) Save for the next 3-4 years. (Assuming married by this point?).Buy a "decent" but cheap starter home together, paying for as much as I can with cash. Save for additional time and buy land/build.

Save for the next few years. Move out to apartment. Save for additional time, buy land/build house with almost all cash.

I guess the biggest variable is the marriage part, but she's hinted at it, I want it, I assume it'll happen. My reason for buying the land now, and working to pay it off is that I feel I'll be able to get more of the house I want, not having to also worry about having a land payment as well. I don't exactly know where I'll buy, but I'll tell you I won't have more than a 35 minute commute when I do.

my issue got solved!!!
techy99

Zpět na Stavba a dům